**This position is based in Hyderabad, India
Ready to join the Spiceworks Advertisement Platform product group? Read on!
Who you are: Would you leap at the chance to shape big ideas into viable, problem-solving products? Do you obsess over online experiences and advertising and constantly evaluate how they could be improved? If so, Spiceworks just might have your dream job. We’re looking for an experienced Product Owner to evolve and expand our advertising products. You’ll collaborate with business partners and engineering teams to drive positive and impactful outcomes that align to quantifiable metrics. Think you’re the right fit? Apply now!
Who we are: For over 10 years, Spiceworks has been helping the world’s businesses find, adopt, and manage the latest technologies. We’ve also been helping IT brands build, market, and sell better products and services. Millions of IT buyers and hundreds of brands later, we’ve built the platform they use to get their jobs done and make them better at what they do, every day.
With our helpful tools, technical content, a global community of experts, and entertaining ways to blow off steam, we’ve got IT covered. And because we understand IT buyers and the businesses they represent, established brands like Microsoft, Dell, and CDW (to name a few) and the latest industry innovators including KnowBe4 and Scale Computing use our insights and technology platform to run smarter, more personalized campaigns.
In short, we’re making IT easy — and dare we say FUN — for everyone. Best part: we’re just getting started!
As a Product Owner you’ll identify, document, prioritize, and communicate the work our engineering teams
need to deliver based on quantifiable value to Spiceworks.
Core job responsibilities:
* Lead agile team to deliver end user and platform features
* Design and develop high availability data-driven advertising solutions
* Contribute to the design and development of product features and backend services
* Work together with other engineers on an Agile Scrum team to plan and execute company outcomes
* Help drive the innovation and evolution of Spiceworks
* Participate in evaluating an existing big data analytics lake/pipeline for improvement opportunities
* Manage complex data dependencies across datasets and incremental data loading workflows
* Be a fearless leader in championing smart design; participate in hands-on implementation of designs
What does it take to do this job?
* Minimum 8 years of experience as product owner with strong understanding of the Agile framework
* A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in computer science or finance (or related field), or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or practical experience is required
* Successful experience with executive communication
* 3 years of experience building large-scale, distributed, high-volume systems that are well tested and performant
* Experience designing, building, maintaining, testing, and debugging modern technology stacks
* Solving large application/user-level problems, performance, scalability, etc.
* Experience working with cross-functional agile teams
* Understanding of Agile (Scrum), DevOps principles and tooling related to data platforms project
* Working experience with GitLab, Jira and related tools
* Experience working with large and sensitive data sets
* Understanding of AWS data storage, Airflow, Postgress, AWS, Kenisis, Firehouse, Redshift, Kubernetes, Docker, ECS, Sidekiq, Redis, etc. a huge plus
* Strong ability to understand business stakeholder needs and translate to data designs
A bit of legalese...
Spiceworks is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.