**This position is based in Hyderabad, India
Ready to join the Spiceworks Advertisement Platform product group? Read on!
Who you are: Got equal parts passion for developing scalable services and delivering the value of big data? Would you jump at the chance to define and create solutions empowering an entire digital advertising platform and its customers? Spiceworks just might have your dream job. As a Software Engineer, you’ll work closely with Data Scientists as you define our data development roadmap and align with the Digital Advertising strategy. Eager to jump into a pivotal role that's essential in enabling data-informed decisions? It’s time to apply!
Who we are: For over 10 years, Spiceworks has been helping the world’s businesses find, adopt, and manage the latest technologies. We’ve also been helping IT brands build, market, and sell better products and services. Millions of IT buyers and hundreds of brands later, we’ve built the platform they use to get their jobs done and make them better at what they do, every day.
With our helpful tools, technical content, a global community of experts, and entertaining ways to blow off steam, we’ve got IT covered. And because we understand IT buyers and the businesses they represent, established brands like Microsoft, Dell, and CDW (to name a few) and the latest industry innovators including KnowBe4 and Scale Computing use our insights and technology platform to run smarter, more personalized campaigns.
In short, we’re making IT easy — and dare we say FUN — for everyone. Best part: we’re just getting started!
* Design and develop high-availability, low-latency systems
* Work on an Agile Scrum team to execute company outcomes
* Implement ETL processes
* Participate in implementation of designs
What does it take to do this job?
* 2+ years of experience in backend, infrastructure, performance, or API engineering
* Understanding of the software development lifecycle: architecture and development, thorough testing, deployment, and monitoring of applications
* Experience with relational databases (Postgres)
* Experience in object-oriented and/or functional programming
* Experience delivering solutions in the AWS ecosystem
* Experience working in a containerized environment (Docker)
* Experience with SQL, Go, Scala, Python and/or Ruby
* Knowledge of data warehousing
* Exposure to real-time event streaming technologies like Kafka, Kinesis, and/or Firehose
* Ability to understand business stakeholder needs and translate them into technical designs
* Working knowledge of version control (Git)
* Excellent organizational and communication skills and feel comfortable in a fast-paced environment
* Bachelor’s or master's in engineering, computer science, or related field preferred
A bit of legalese...
Spiceworks is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.